Off-Grid Living – 2-BR Home & Guest Cabin
86± Acres – Wilkes Co, NC!
» 2-BR Home
» 1-BR Guest Cabin
» Solar & Wind Power
» LP Gas Appliances
» Hydroelectric Generator
» Backup 6.5KW Generator
» Back to Property
This unique property offers “Off-Grid Living” opportunities for those who prefer seclusion, yet want all the comforts of home. Here you’ll find a 2-BR home, a 1-BR guest cabin, and 2storage buildings. Very sturdy log and wood frame construction with all the amenities. Water supply to the home and cabin is gravity fed from the yer-round stream that runs through the property.
Electrical power is generated from solar panels, a wind generator, and a small hydroelctric plant fed by the stream. Power is stored and distributed to the home and cabin through a sophisticated power management setup using OutBack brand equipment, and other components. The property owners have incorporated LP gas appliances, a wood stove, and a gasoline generator for added versatility. This property will transfer as is, with all power generation and power management equipment, and appliances.
Mountain Land Company offers off-grid real estate and large tracts of mountain land in North Carolina.
- Solar, wind & hydro power generators
- LP gas storage tanks
- LP gas appliances: New Hotpoint stove, GE stove, Rheem in-line water heaters (2), clothes dryer, space heater.
- Electric Equipment: Refrigerators (2), hot water recirculating pump.
- Power Management: Large battery bank, various OutBack components, power inverter, other components.
- Communications: Wilkes Telecom phone & DSL service, TV satelite dish.
- Heating: Baseboard with recirculating hot water, wood stove.
- Gasoline Generator: For backup and supplemental power during unusual demand on the system.
- Water Supply: Gravity fed from stream with good pressure. Filter needed to make water drinkable.